Cottage Pie with Mozzarella Cheese
- 1kg Minced Meat | Buy Mince
- 1tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1tsp Crushed Ginger
- 1tsp finely Chopped Fresh Chilli
- 1/2 Robot Peppers (1/2 Green Pepper,1/2 Red Pepper, 1/2 Yellow Pepper)
- 1tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- Soup thickener
- 2,5ml Dried Oregano
- 2,5ml BBQ Spice
- 2 x Cinnamon Sticks (Flavouring)
- 1kg Potatoes, 75ml Fresh Cream, 2tbs Butter/Margarine, 75ml Fresh Milk
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain water and set aside
- Meanwhile heat the oil in the saucepan, onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, cinnamon sticks, robot peppers, and fry until slightly brown.
- Add mince, simmer until cooked while stirring till water reduces and fry mince.
- Add BBQ spice and Oregano, and fry till tender.
- Mix Can tomatoes with thickener together and add to the mince
- Leave to simmer for 10min, whilst stirring.
- Mash potato with its ingredients until soft, for desired softness, add more cream or milk.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, and place the mince in an ovenproof dish and flatten with spatula.
- Add the mash potato on top of the mince and flatten with spatula, then add grated mozzarella cheese to cover the mashed potato.
- Place the ovenproof dish, in the middle tray of oven for 15 -20min, bake until golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle parsley & serve warm.
Side servings: Greek salad. Serves 4-6 people.